- WE'RE JUST RANDOM SPECKS OF DUST IN A TORNADO TO THE MARKETS .......
- CHARTISTS MUST PUT ALL BIAS ASIDE AND LET THE CHARTS DO THE TALKING OR WE'LL SEE ONLY WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- This blog has a copy of all header posts that I publish anywhere, so that those interested in seeing what my thoughts are on the markets can find them easily.
- I will be answering questions and responding to comments, so feel free to respond to any posts and I will see your comment even if it is not on the most recent post.
- If you're interested in seeing any intraday charts I post, I do that on twitter, and my twitter handle is @shjackcharts.
- The charts in the posts are as large as I can practically make them. if you would like to look at one more closely, click on it, and the link will take you to a larger version at screencast. If you click on that again, you will get a full page version, and can use the resizing function on your browser to enlarge parts of interest further.

Thursday, 3 September 2015

Resistance Levels

SPX is still in the inflection point I was looking at yesterday morning and closed yesterday at declining resistance from 2096 and slightly over the 50 hour MA at 1945. SPX has broken well above both at the open. The setup for today should be as follows.

On a fill of the opening gap at 1948.86 and sustained trade below there I'd be looking for new lows, which should confirm on a break below Tuesday's low at 1903.07

On a break above the ES monthly pivot at 1969 (resistance at globex high), approximately at 1971/2 SPX, and conversion of that level to support I'd be looking for a move to the 2030-40 area, confirming on a break over the current rally high at 1993.48. SPX 60min chart:
The other level to watch is the 5 day MA, which closed yesterday at 1962 and is now at 1957. Bulls need a daily close above it. After that we will go back onto the 5DMA three day rule. SPX daily 5DMA chart:
I'm leaning short here unless bulls can convert 1971/2 as support. It could go either way here though & I'm thinking 65% odds bear scenario and 35% odds bull scenario.

No comments:

Post a comment